Vinai Kumar Saxena succeeds Anil Baijal, who resigned from the submit very last week citing “private causes” soon after servinG for five yrs and 4 months.
Who is Vinai Kumar Saxena- Delhi’s new Lieutenant Governor?
New Delhi LG: Vinai Kumar Saxena was sworn in as the new Lieutenant Governor of Delhi on May well 26, 2022. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal was existing all through the oath-taking ceremony. Vinai Kumar Saxena is the Chairman of the Khadi and Village Industries Commission.
Vinai Kumar Saxena was appointed to the write-up on May perhaps 23 soon after the sudden resignation by Anil Baijal citing personal factors after serving for five several years and four months. A statement from the Rashtrapati Bhavan educated that President Ram Nath Kovind has acknowledged Anil Baijal’s resignation and appointed Vinai Kumar Saxena as the new Lieutenant Governor of Delhi. The assertion browse, “The President of India has been delighted to appoint Vinai Kumar Saxena to be the Lt Governor of Countrywide Capital Territory of Delhi with impact from the day he assumes charge of his workplace.”
Vinai Kumar Saxena experienced taken charge as Chairman of Khadi and Village Industries on Oct 27, 2015. Less than his leadership, KVIC was adjudged as the country’s greatest-carrying out government establishment underneath him.
Read through ALSO: Delhi Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal Resigns, Who will be Delhi’s new Lt Governor? See Predicted Names Right here
Delhi | Vinai Kumar Saxena takes oath as Lieutenant Governor of Delhi pic.twitter.com/cDEYu7uMIB
— ANI (@ANI)
May perhaps 26, 2022
Who is Vinai Kumar Saxena
- Vinai Kumar Saxena is the very first Corporate individual to be chosen for these a publish. He is a well-known identify in the Indian Corporate and Social sector with over three a long time of knowledge.
He was born in Uttar Pradesh and graduated from Kanpur College in 1981. He even retains a pilot licence.
- His management skills address a varied selection of social and company issues.
- He had begun his vocation as an Assistant Officer in Rajasthan with JK Team in 1984. He labored for 11 several years for its Even though Cement plant and was elevated to the situation of Normal Supervisor in 1995.
- He then turned the CEO and was later elevated as Director of the Dholera Port Undertaking.
- He founded the well-known NGO – National Council for Civil Liberties (NCCL) in 1991.
- He was appointed as KYIV Chairman in October 2015 where by he explored the untapped streams of Khadi and Village sector sectors and introduced lots of innovative strategies like Kumhaar Sashaktikaran Yojana and Honey Mission.
- The turnover of KVIC grew by pretty much 248 p.c under his leadership and 40 lakh work was generated in a complete of 7 a long time. KVIC noted a historic turnover of Rs 1.15 crore in 2021-22, which is the highest by significantly by any FMCG business in India.
- He was appointed as a member of the Nationwide Committee on March 5, 2021 to Commemorate India’s 75th Independence anniversary.
- He was later nominated by the President of India on March 18, 2019 as a “Member of University Courtroom” of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
- He also received Worldwide Felicitation by United Nations Decade of Sustainable Enhancement (UNDESD) in affiliation with other UN bodies in May 2008 for “Remarkable Contribution to Natural environment Defense and Water Stability” in Gujarat.
- His NGO received the Dubai International Award supported by UN-HABITAT in May 2007 for its one of a kind task “Mission ENDURE” to reduce dust pollution in Ahmedabad town.
Go through ALSO: Bharat Bandh: Why there is a demand for Bharat Bandh on May well 25?
Choose Weekly Checks on app for test prep and compete with other individuals. Down load Present-day Affairs and GK application
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐप