10 Biggest Historical Mysteries
1. WHERE IS THE HOLY GRAIL?The Holy Grail, the cup that Jesus drank from at his last supper with his disciples before his crucifixion.
2. What was Jesus really like?The lack of surviving first-century texts about Jesus leave biblical scholars with a number of questions.
3. WHERE IS CLEOPATRA'S TOMB?: Cleopatra VII and her lover, Mark Antony, were buried together in a tomb after their deaths in 30 B.C.
4. WERE THE HANGING GARDENS OF BABYLON REAL?Ancient writers describe a fantastic series of gardens constructed at the ancient city of Babylon in modern-day Iraq.
5. WHEN WAS JESUS BORN?While many Christians today celebrate Dec. 25 as the birth of Jesus, he likely was not born on this day.
6. FATE OF THE ARK OF THE COVENANT: Ancient sources indicate that the ark was either carried back to Babylon or hidden before the city was captured.
7. IS THE COPPER SCROLL TREASURE REAL?: In 1952 a copper scroll was found by archaeologists in a cave, along with other Dead Sea Scrolls, at the site of Qumran.
8. IS THERE A MONEY PIT ON OAK ISLAND?: Oak Island, located off Nova Scotia, Canada, held a money pit of buried treasure — supposedly left by the pirate Capt.
9. WAS CAESARION TRULY CAESAR'S SON?: In 47 B.C., Cleopatra VII gave birth to a son named Caesarion whom she claimed was the son of Julius Caesar.
10. WAS THERE A REAL KING ARTHUR?: The story of King Arthur has been told and retold numerous times over more than 1,000 years.