10 Foods That Unclog Arteries Naturally
1. Avocados Instead of mayo on your burger or sandwich, switch it out for some avocado. Studies have shown that daily consumption of avocado results in improved blood cholesterol.
2. Asparagus is a natural artery-clearing food. It can help to lower blood pressure and prevent blood clots that can cause cardiovascular illnesses.
3. Pomegranate This fun fruit contains phytochemicals that act as antioxidants to protect the lining of the arteries against damage.
4. Broccoli Whether you love the stuff or hate it, broccoli is rich in Vitamin K, which helps to keep calcium from damaging the arteries.
5. Turmeric Adding turmeric to your diet can reduce damage to arterial walls, lowering your chances of a blood clot.
6. Persimmon are loaded with antioxidants and polyphenols, which work to decrease LDL and triglycerides.
7. SpirulinaIt might sound a little weird, but this blue-green algae helps to regulate lipid levels in the blood.
8. Cinnamon This delicious spice can help to reduce cholesterol levels while clearing out plaque and preventing further build-up.
9. Cranberries are another antioxidant-rich food that can reduce LDL and raise HDL cholesterol levels.
10. Green Tea contains high levels of catechins, which hinder the absorption of cholesterol during digestion.