10 Scientifically Proven Steps to Happiness
1. Express Gratitude The single greatest thing you can do to change your life today would be to start being grateful for what you have right now.
2. Cultivate Optimism Life will treat you exactly the way you expect to be treated and if that’s the case then you should definitely start cultivating your optimism.
3. Avoid Over-thinking and Social Comparison Stop thinking, and end your problems.
4. Practice Acts of Kindness Be kind to others and to yourself and you will be happy.
5. Nurture Social Relationships Go out and meet new people, socialize, get interested in what others are doing and they will automatically get interested in what you are also doing.
6. Develop Strategies for Coping Work on developing strategies for coping by observing your thoughts and playing with your mind.
7. Learn to Forgive yourself and those people who might have hurt you in the past.
8. Increase Flow Experience Everyone has unique gifts and talents. What you love is what you’re gifted at.
9. Savor Life’s Joy Look at the sun, look at the trees, look at the beauty of nature, the beauty of life and savor it all.
10. Commit to Your Goals If you want to be happy, you have to have goals. Know what is it that you want from life, ask for it and trust that in the end you will receive it.