7. Collectibility: While not particularly rare, Kennedy Half Dollars are often collected for their historical significance and connection to President Kennedy.
8. Continuation of the Series: Kennedy Half Dollars were first introduced in 1964, shortly after President Kennedy's assassination, and have been minted annually since then.
9. Special Varieties: Throughout the years, some Kennedy Half Dollars have been issued with special finishes or minting errors, making them more collectible.
10. Bicentennial Issue: In 1976, a special Bicentennial Kennedy Half Dollar was minted to commemorate the United States' 200th anniversary. It featured a dual date of "1776-1976."
11. Silver Content: While the 1977 Kennedy Half Dollar is primarily composed of copper and nickel, earlier versions (1964) contained 90% silver, making them valuable to collectors for their content.
12. Condition Matters: As with all coins, the condition of a 1977 Kennedy Half Dollar is a significant factor in its value. Uncirculated coins.