8 Best Things to Do in Milton
1. Blue Hills Reservation-Great Blue Hill, the tallest of the 22 peaks in the range, stands at 635 feet and is within Milton’s boundaries.
2. Eustis Estate Museum-This stone building is loaded with original architectural details and design elements, to a degree that distinguishes it from many historic residences in the Boston area.
3. Blue Hills Trailside Museum-This is the primary interpretive center for the Blue Hills Reservation, combining natural history exhibits with several enclosures for native wildlife.
4. Blue Hill Observatory Science Center-Many of the first scientific measurements of upper atmosphere weather conditions were made at this observatory, founded atop Great Blue Hill in 1885.
5. Forbes House Museum-These are nothing short of captivating and include numerous works of art,silk,furniture and ceramics imported from China,Lincoln and Civil War pieces and artifacts from Captain.
6. Houghton’s Pond-On the northern shore of Houghton’s Pond there’s a sandy beach with a roped swimming area, all complemented by showers, restrooms and picnic areas.
7. Turner’s Pond-A treasured piece of nature in the heart of Milton, Turner’s Pond is just behind Glover Elementary School and lies within a 26-acre park.
8. Milton Centre Historic District-There are 11 historically significant buildings on these 11 acres, including the modest-looking Powder House, built in 1811 in preparation.