Miss Universe is changing! Know How!
1. No need to be single: In September 2022, the organization announced that it is planning to allow married women into the contest as of 2023.
2. Mothers can apply: In addition, women with children are allowed to compete. It doesn't matter if they are married or not.
3. "Women should have agency over their lives": According to the Daily Mail, a memo obtained from the Miss Universe Organization says that "women should have agency over their lives...
4. Universal beauty: Ideas of universal beauty are becoming more flexible, as individual countries decide to send representatives from all walks of life.
5. Age is still an issue: The limits have only changed a little. Previously, it was 17 to 24 years and now a candidate has to be between 18 and 27.
6. When will she be able to compete?: So for mature models like, for example, Maye Musk, there is still no place in Miss Universe! Will that limitation disappear in the future as well?
7. No To Trump Card: His influence was such that Trump himself chose the four semi-finalists. According to The New Yorker, he tended to favor the candidates from countries he liked or countries.