Log4j tutorial for beginners and professionals with examples in eclipse on java log4j example code, log4j logging levels, log4j.properties, log4j.xml, log4j file appender, log4j multiple appenders, log4j tutorial pdf download, file logging and more.
Log4j is a simple, flexible and fast java based logging framework. It is thread safe and supports internationalization.
Log4j main components:
- Logger: It is used to log the messages.
- Appender: It is used to publish the logging information to the destination like file, database, console etc.
- Layout: It is used to format logging information in different styles.
Advantages of Log4j:
It provides the easy maintenance and fast debugging.
Disadvantages of Log4j:
It slow down the application.
Java log4j tutorial :
- Logger class.
- Log4j example.
- Log4j example using log4j properties file.
- Log4j example using log4j xml file.
- Logging levels.
- Log4j file appender.
- Log4j multiple appenders example.
Log4j interview questions: