Elasticsearch comes with the good default settings but if still we want to change these, we can do. Cluster specific settings can changed by using the Cluster Update Settings API. Node specific settings can be changed by configuration files.
Configuration files of Elasticsearch:
- elasticsearch.yml: This file is used for configuring Elasticsearch.
- jvm.options: This file is used for configuring Elasticsearch JVM settings
- log4j2.properties: This file is used for configuring Elasticsearch logging
Note: These all files are present in the config directory.
For more details, you can visit official website of Elasticsearch. Below are the list of configuration topics present on Elasticsearch official website.
- Setting JVM options
- Secure settings
- Logging configuration
- Auditing settings
- Cross-cluster replication settings
- Index lifecycle management settings
- License settings
- Machine learning settings
- Monitoring settings
- Security settings
- SQL access settings
- Watcher settings
- Discovery and cluster formation settings
- Setting the heap size
- JVM heap dump path
- GC logging
- Temp directory
- JVM fatal error logs