7 Potential Health Benefits of Pumpkins
1. High in Fiber and Pectin, Pumpkin Flesh Can Aid Digestion,Dietary fiber is an essential nutrient that’s mostly associated with fueling the digestive tract and preventing constipation.
2. Pumpkin Is High in Potassium, Which Can Help Lower Blood Pressure,Bananas aren’t your only option.1 cup of canned plain pumpkin provides 505 mg of this nutrient.
3. Beta-Carotene Gives Pumpkin Its Orange Hue and a Boost of Vitamin A,If you’ve ever wondered what gives the classic jack-o’-lantern its notorious orange color, you can thank a red-orange pigment.
4. Pumpkins Are a Good Source of Immune-Boosting Vitamins and Minerals,Your immune system is responsible for keeping your body safe from external invaders that could cause you harm.
5.Also Thanks to Beta-Carotene, Pumpkins Can Help Reduce Inflammation,Like getting sick, experiencing inflammation is an inevitable part of life. It’s the body’s response to offending agents.
6. Nutrients in Pumpkin May Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease,Pumpkin is a rich source of heart-healthy nutrients like fiber, potassium, and antioxidants.
7. Pumpkins May Support Eye and Skin Health-it contains nutrients that may help preserve vision. Specifically, zinc, fiber, lutein, zeaxanthin, and vitamins A, C and E.