8 Attractions & Things to Do in Brussels
1. Stroll through Grand Place-Right in the heart of Brussels Old Town, the city's main plaza (known as Grand Place) is one of the best preserved in Europe .
2. Visit Mannekin Pis-Is known about the origin of the figure of a little boy urinating, popularly referred to as "the oldest citizen of Brussels."
3. Saint-Michel Cathedral-The beautifully proportioned interior (108 meters by 50 meters) is lavishly furnished and is home to some outstanding stained glass windows created by Bernard van Orley.
4. Belgium's Famed Comic Heritage-This gorgeous 1906 building, designed by Victor Horta, is home to the wonderful Comic Strip Center.
5. Tour the Place Royale-A favorite attraction for photo-ops, the most important building on this square is the Royal Palace, which is used by the Belgian royal family as an official residence.
6.Belgian Royal Museum of Fine Arts-Belgium's Royal Museum of Fine Arts (1875-81) combines four separate art museums, which together are one of the largest and best art galleries in the world.
7.Enter the Atomium-Along with Manneken Pis, the Atomium is Brussels' best-known landmark attraction, and although it's a bit of a journey by tram to get out here.
8.Coudenberg Palace-One of Brussels' most unique things to do is explore this active archaeological site, which was rediscovered in the 1980s.