8 Best Things to Do in Burlington
1. Town Common-Simonds Park-This is all a gorgeous setting for weekly outdoor concerts at the bandstand on Tuesdays in June, July and August.
2. Mary Cummings Park-The park opened in 1930 and is managed by the Trustees of Reservations, and is an idyllic place for low-impact recreation, with a mix of forest, wetlands.
3. Burlington Mall- the face of changing consumer habits, Burlington Mall is in excellent shape, and has total occupancy, with close to 170 stores and services.
4. Burlington Historical Museum-From the turn of the 20th century this building served as a library, before becoming the temporary home of the police department in 1970.
5. Burlington Landlocked Forest-The forest, with 13 miles of trails, is preserved by a voluntary organization, providing a remote haven for hiking, running, mountain biking, dog walking.
6. Burlington Sculpture Park-The sculpture park’s committee has worked in partnership with the New England Sculptors Association to provide this space with engaging works of art.
7. Meeting House of the Second Parish in Woburn-The Minutemen are known to have gathered here in 1775, and the meetinghouse’s ministers helped with the strategic withdrawal of Samuel Adams.
8. The Burlington Players-The Burlington Players are an all-volunteer group, providing an apprentice system to new members hoping to develop their performance or production skills.