CouchDB Delete Database
To delete databases in CouchDB one can either use the cURL utility or Fauxton web interface.
- Open the following URL: http://127.0.0.1:5984/_utils/
- Click on the “Databases” tab to see all the existing databases.
- Click on the delete icon of the database that you want to delete.
- A pop-up message to confirm the database name will be displayed.
- Write down the name of the database to be deleted.
- Click on the DELETE button in the pop-up message.
- The specified database is thus successfully deleted.
Using cURL utility:
curl -H 'Content-Type: application/json' \ -X DELETE http://127.0.0.1:5984/database_name
curl -H 'Content-Type: application/json' \ -X DELETE http://127.0.0.1:5984/company
List out all the existing databases using the below command:
curl -X GET http://127.0.0.1:5984/_all_dbs
The deleted database should not be in the list as it is deleted permanently.